Sunday, January 9, 2011

Heavenly Questions

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
1 Corinthians 15:51-54 NKJV


Something that has always intrigued me is the fact that when we look closer at the verses we are most familiar with, we find they are filled with information not necessarily recognized at our first or second reading. It is only when we begin to “peel” away the layers that we find the hidden information God has put there for us to find.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
Proverbs 25:2 NKJV


In the coming weeks I am going to spend a little time examining the Corinthians' passage a little closer with an eye to asking and answering a few questions I believe it raises. Such as;

…..Are the dead in Christ really dead?
…..What is the real difference between our present body and the one we will receive?
…..What age will we appear as in Heaven?
…..Do we go to Heaven immediately when we die?
…..Where exactly is Heaven anyway?

If you look closely at the verse from Corinthians I believe you can see where I came up with some of these questions. The subject of Heaven is one I have always been fascinated by, and one that should interest all of us as believers considering we are going to spend eternity there. Personally of course, the older I get the more interested I become with my “new” body, considering I can see and feel what's happening to the old one.

I traveled to California this past week for a surprise 80th birthday party along with my brothers and sisters that we arranged for our mother, so I am unfortunately not prepared to do more today with this post. Look closer at this verse this week and next Sunday I will begin to explain my thoughts on what I believe God has in store for us, and what information He has hidden in this verse and others that gives us a glimpse of what Heaven really will be like.

Keep watching.