Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Coming Destruction of America



For I am with you,’ says the LORD, ‘to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’ Jeremiah 30:11  NKJV

If you are a student of biblical prophecy, I’m sure you have either heard or read that the most asked question concerning the end times is “Where is America?”  The truth is, if you are looking for a passage which unequivocally refers to the United States, you are apt to be disappointed.  Yet I would suggest that while we may not find a specific reference to the US, we could certainly make a sound argument that the passage above from the prophet Jeremiah tells us exactly what is in store for this country if you consider that next to the state of Israel, more Jews live in the United States than anywhere else on earth. That said, it would seem logical to assume that the US is one of the nations Jeremiah says will be completely destroyed.

The phrase “a full end” in the verse above is translated from the Hebrew word “kalah”, which, when used in the Bible, means; completion, termination, full end, complete destruction, consumption, annihilation.  I would therefore suggest that there is no question of what is in store for the US according to Jeremiah’s prophecy, even though it is not mentioned by name.  Of course, it is also important to note that this complete destruction of the US takes place during the seventieth week of Daniel, otherwise known as the tribulation, or the seven year period of God’s judgment of this world.

“And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.    Ezekiel 39:6  NKJV

Since the future of the US is revealed to us in this passage, the next question most would have is just how is something like that possible considering the power this country possesses, and it’s stature in the world at the present time?  Many have taught that one explanation might be found in the passage from Ezekiel which describes what some believe could be a future nuclear attack.  It occurs during the attempted invasion of Israel by Gog and Magog described by the prophet Ezekiel.  The following is an excerpt from an article by Chuck Missler of Koinonia House.

“The ultimate invasion of the Middle East by "Gog and Magog" is well known to most Biblically informed observers  The invading forces of Magog - recognized as referring to Russia by most authorities - are wiped out by "hailstones of fire" from the heavens, which also cause an earthquake felt around the world. A disturbing aspect of this encounter is that similar "hailstones of fire" also appear to fall on those "who dwell securely in the isles" or coastlands. Some suspect that this could be a hint of an intercontinental nuclear exchange as part of the confrontation with Magog and its allies.”  
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2001/344/

The most important idea in this observation, as well as what is described in the passage from Ezekiel, is the fact that what we are told occurs is quite possibly an “exchange” of nuclear missiles.  Ezekiel makes it clear that the “fire” falls on both Magog and the coastlands.  The word used here translated “coastlands” is the Hebrew word “iy”, which is translated to mean, coast, island, shore, region.  Many Bible scholars have voiced the opinion that this is most likely the word that one would use at the time the book of Ezekiel was written to describe an unknown land far away.

If we accept that premise then one must ask the question, what nation would fit that description which also possesses nuclear weapons?  The simple answer is only one.  While we can discuss at length all of the reasons and provocations which might result in a nuclear exchange between Russia and the United States, the one point which should never be ignored or forgotten is that this passage tells us that it is God Himself who brings this all to pass.  Notice that we are told that “I will send fire”.  While there may be reasons why the decision is made by earthly leaders to push the button, it is God’s decision to bring it to pass, and as we have seen in previous studies, the use of “fire” is a strong indication of God’s judgment upon both Magog and the “coastlands”.

Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’ Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it. “Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness: I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory.                                Isaiah 46:9-13  NKJV

While this judgment by fire falls on two different nations, it is important to remember that Magog receives this judgment as they attempt to invade Israel through the Golan Heights.  If you follow the news from the Middle East, you are certainly aware of the tensions currently in place between Israel, Syria, and Russia in this particular part of the Middle East.  Yet although this event occurs in such close proximity to the nation of Israel, God protects them from any harm or “fallout” from His judgment.  The reason for this miracle is made clear as we are told that this is the time where God will reveal Himself to not only Israel, but the entire world in such a way as that there is no mistake as to who is in charge.

“So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.  Ezekiel 39:7  NKJV

If all of this sounds just a little farfetched to some, I would simply point out that while the possibility that this passage describes the use of nuclear missiles is purely conjecture, the fact remains that there will be a battle that affects both Magog and another land, and it is at this time that God will make it clear to the entire world that He not only exists, but has His protective hand upon the nation of Israel. 

“Surely it is coming, and it shall be done,” says the Lord GOD. “This is the day of which I have spoken.                    Ezekiel 39:8  NKJV

The complete destruction of all the nations in which Israel has been scattered will happen exactly as foretold in the Bible.   Considering what we read in the news today, if current events are any indication, it is going to happen very soon. If you have never accepted the free gift of God’s grace, and the forgiveness of your sin, you can do it right now.  Just pray a simple prayer like this and believe that He will do as He has said He will.  Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. Amen.

Keep watching.