Saturday, April 7, 2018

Surely it is Coming


“Surely it is coming, and it shall be done,” says the Lord GOD. “This is the day of which I have spoken.       Ezekiel 39:8  NKJV

I find it sad, yet understandable, that so many believers are disappointed to the point of becoming skeptical about prophecy because of the fact that the Church is still here.  One of the inherent problems that arises from watching for the rapture is that many have begun to set dates for our deliverance, which, while fueling interest and expectation, also creates disappointment and skepticism when the dates come and go.  While I certainly will admit to being disappointed to still be here, it goes without saying that the Word of God can, not only help, but answer our questions in regards to the prophecy of our future day of destiny meeting with Jesus in the air.

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. “So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! “Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.   Matthew 24:32-35  NKJV

We will shortly arrive at the seventieth anniversary of when Israel became a nation once again in 1948, and many, myself included, feel this may prove to be a highly significant date.  Yet I for one am predicting nothing other than what God said in this passage; learn, watch, and trust.  God’s words will always come to pass for He does not lie.  We have His promises of what will be and what will come, and we can trust Him implicitly for the simple reason of so much He has prophesied in the past has already been fulfilled.  How hard can it be to trust in the future when the past occurred just as He foretold.

“Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’ Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it. “Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness: I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory.”     Isaiah 46:9-13  NKJV

Most scholars agree that the attempted invasion of Israel revealed to us by Ezekiel the prophet known as the Gog Magog War found in chapters 38-39 precedes the seven year tribulation period, and many of those same scholars believe it is not only preceded by, and probably initiated by the rapture of the Church.  The confederation of participant nations is probably one of the most studied and dissected subject of prophecy concerning the near future of Israel and their identity is well documented.  So considering that the three nations God mentions first as the instigators, Russia, Iran, and Turkey, met this past week to cement their alliance should give all of us pause for thought.

“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, “and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. “I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords.”   Ezekiel 38:2-4  NKJV

“The above passage describes an invasion of Israel from the north. Later verses describe its destruction once they reach the area of the mountains of Israel. To fully understand the prophecy, one needs to identify the major players in this divine drama. In verses 1–4, Gog is first mentioned. He is described as the leader of the land of Magog. He is the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal. This leader was as unknown to Ezekiel as he is to us today. We do know “Gog” is not a proper name but a title for the ruler of Magog, just as the terms “pharaoh,” “kaiser,” and “czar” were titles for rulers and not proper names. The tribes identified as Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal can be identified by Scripture and other ancient writings as peoples who once occupied the areas of modern-day Russia. Magog, Meshech, and Tubal were between the Black and Caspian Seas, which today include parts of Iran, Turkey and southern Russia.”
Russia; Looking for Spoil by Dr. Steve Elwart   
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2016/1256/

I believe any believer familiar with Biblical prophecy can see and understand the times in which we find ourselves today.  The signs are all around us that point to the fulfillment of prophecy in our immediate future, including the rapture of the Church that we have all been waiting for.  While it may be disappointing to see certain dates come and go without hearing the trumpet blow and the voice calling us upwards, we still have God’s promise that it will be done.  How I personally deal with disappointment is to continually read the promises we have in His words to us that while we may not know the day, He has said it will be done.


“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God. And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, Since I appointed the ancient people. And the things that are coming and shall come, Let them show these to them. Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”   Isaiah 44:6-8  NKJV

Every week we are treated to more and more signs that our deliverance is close at hand.  If you have never made the decision to accept the gift of eternal life offered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I urge you to do it today.  Simply tell God you accept His Son Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and turn your life over to His control.
 
Father, I know I am a sinner in need of salvation. I believe you sent your Son Jesus to die on the cross for my sin, and I ask you now to forgive me of my sins. I want to receive your gift of salvation so please come into my heart and help me to live and follow you as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Keep watching.